On 23.11.2022 – 24.11.2022, CHA has hosted its annual conference on the topic
Where is the Humanitarian Turning Point?
Over two days, panellists and participants discussed fundamental challenges in the context of climate change and humanitarian transformation, both online and in person. In the following video gallery, you can re-visit the whole conference. The abstracts to each session can be found on our conference website as well as in the video description (by opening each of the embedded videos in YouTube). Please note that we are still in the process of e.g. proofreading the subtitles.
Opening and Keynote Dialogue –
Do we need a Humanitarian Zeitenwende in Europe?
- State Secretary Susanne Baumann, GFFO
- Dr Michael Köhler, Director General DG ECHO
- Omid Nouripour, Member of the German Bundestag, Chairman Green Party BÜNDNIS 90/DIE GRÜNEN
- Hibak Kalfan, Executive Director of Network for Empowered Aid Response (NEAR)
Panel 2 – Do we need a humanitarian Zeitenwende in Germany?
- Christian Katzer, General Director MSF Germany
- Simone Schnabel, Research Associate at the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt
- Sarah Bressan, Research Fellow at the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi)
Panel 3 + Deep Dive: Challenges of humanitarian coordination & a humanitarian Zeitenwende in Europe
- Deike Potzel, Director General for Crisis Prevention, Stabilisation, Peace Building and Humanitarian Assistance (GFFO)
- Ed Schenkenberg van Mierop, Executive Director HERE-Geneva
- Gareth Price-Jones, Executive Secretary of the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response (SCHR)
- Sonja Hövelmann, Research Fellow, CHA
Panel 4: Strengthening local actors: A turning point in Ukraine?
- Gloria Soma, Executive Director, Titi Foundation
- Nicola Bay, Head of Ukraine Response, Oxfam
- Dr Yuliya Sporysh, Founder and Director of the Ukrainian NGO Divchata (Girls)
Panel 5: The time is now: Climate change as an accelerator for humanitarian change
- Dr Kiswendsida Guigma, Technical Advisor for the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
- Paul Knox Clarke, Principal of ADAPT
- Muhammad Amad, Chairperson of the National Humanitarian Network (NHN) in Pakistan
Spotlight 1: When Gender Transformation Meets Humanitarian Neutrality
- Dr Maria Al Abdeh, Executive Director at Women Now for Development (WND)
- April Pham, Senior Gender Advisor and Head of Gender Unit at UN OCHA
Spotlight 2: The Ukraine crisis – A gamechanger for the humanitarian sector‘s digital transformation and accountability process?
- Philippe Stoll, Senior Techplomacy Delegate at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- FanMan Tsang, Director for Capacity-Bridging and Technology at CDAC Network
Closing Session: Takeaways of all panels