The Centre for Humanitarian Action (CHA) e.V. is looking for a student assistant (m/f/d) with 10 to 15 hours per week for the office in Berlin-Mitte from 15 February 2022 to support our work areas, especially in research and outreach.
As an independent institution, CHA contributes to the analysis, debate and imparting of principle-based humanitarian action. To this end, we cooperate with aid organisations such as German and international non-governmental organisations, UN agencies or donors and actors from academia and politics. For these tasks we are looking for a motivated, committed and independent student assistant.
- Support in research projects, including literature and topic research or data analysis
- Support in the conception and implementation of discussion events
- Support with communication products such as social media posts, website, newsletters or podcasts by researching topics, independently writing texts or the technical implementation of the products
- Support with administrative tasks such as communication with external service providers, maintenance of databases and knowledge management
- Registered student of social science, sociology, anthropology, politics or geography, for example
- Specialised interest in topics of humanitarian action, international order, multilateral governance
- Very good oral and written communication skills in German and English
- Independent, diligent way of working
What we offer
- Varied and independent tasks in a young think tank
- Room for initiative and ideas
- Flexible working hours depending on the semester schedule
- Opportunity to write seminar papers and theses on CHA-relevant topics
- Remuneration is based on the pay scale for student employees in Berlin
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send a short cover letter and a CV in a PDF file by 24 January 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.