|Time:||16:45 - 18:15|
|Location:||Akademie der Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
On 25 October 2021, the Academy of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, in cooperation with the Evangelical Academy Loccum, will host an expert conference on Syria’s future.
At 4:45 pm, CHA director Ralf Südhoff will discuss
The humanitarian dilemma in Syria
- Dr. Carsten Wieland, former Senior Expert for Intra-Syrian Talks in the Office of the UN Special Envoy for Syria, and
- Fadi Krikor, the founder of the Father’s House for all Nations in Altenhohenau.
- How effective are aid efforts in the authoritarian Syrian context?
- What role do humanitarian border crossings play?
- What strategic options for action and influence do Germany and Europe have?
The event will be facilitated by Dr. Canan Atilgan, Head of the Middle East and North Africa Regional Department of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation.
The full conference programme can be accessed here: Programme The Future of Syria (only in German).
Please note that the event will take place in presence only and will not be recorded. The event will be in German and Arabic simultaneous interpretation will be provided.