The Centre for Humanitarian Action (CHA) cordially invites you to its webinar
COVID-19 – comprehensive response or development reversal?
The Covid–19 pandemic poses huge challenges to countries and people of the Global South. From a development perspective, it is feared that it might undermine long-standing gains and could lead to siloed relief approaches, deprioritizing sustainable progress. At the same time experts see the pandemic response as a good opportunity for a reformed, more locally-led humanitarian and development system, with a more Nexus-oriented approach overcoming barriers of a fragmented aid machinery.
In our webinar we will discuss international perspectives on the Covid-19-response and German government approaches. International policy experts and local practitioners will share their views and discuss challenges and opportunities with representatives of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Spotlights from Somalia, a German nexus pilot country, and from Pakistan will shed light on Covid–19 impacts and practical realities.
- Abukar Samow Mohamed (Nutrition and Health Coordinator, WARDI, Somalia)
- Ali Zaidi, Development Consultant, Pakistan.
- Henriette Sachse (Transitional Development Assistance, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, BMZ)
- Howard Mollett (Head of Humanitarian Policy, CAFOD, UK)
- Facilitator: Darina Pellowska (CHA)